The access rights granted to you under this Agreement are non-transferable without the express written permission of the owner of THE STITCH DOC™. You are responsible for the actions of any other person who may utilize your access rights on the Services.
The following terms and conditions govern all use of THE STITCH DOC™ Services, all content, services and products available at or through the Website or interactive mobile application. The Services are offered subject to your acceptance without modification of all of the terms and conditions contained herein and all other associated operating rules and policies which can be found here:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Services. By accessing or using any part of the Services, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this Agreement, then you must leave the Services and you may not use any services of THE STITCH DOC™. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by THE STITCH DOC™, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms.
The Services are designed to enable you to request a consultation from a licensed Healthcare Professional (a board certified General Surgeon or a board certified Plastic Surgeon). The Service is designed for people who are 18 years or over (or accompanied with a caregiver only) and located in the New York City, Nassau County, or Suffolk County area only. The Application identifies to you the Healthcare Professional who has licensed the Services from us and that have engaged us to perform related services. A Healthcare Professional will perform healthcare services for you. After selecting a telehealth consultation, the Services then sends a message to the Healthcare Professional and asks the Healthcare Professional whether he or she would like to provide you with the requested healthcare services. In the event a Healthcare Professional agrees to provide you with healthcare services, the Services schedules those services and bills you on behalf of the Healthcare Professional. We make no representation or warranty to you any health care professional will be available to perform health care services
THE STITCH DOC™ IS NOT ENGAGED IN THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE, DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL SERVICES, AND IS NOT A HEALTH CARE PROVIDER. THE HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL WITH WHICH YOU ESTABLISH A TREATMENT RELATIONSHIP IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING YOU WITH MEDICAL SERVICES. WE ONLY ACT AS A TECHNOLOGY PLATFORM TO CONNECT YOU WITH HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS WHO MAY BE INTERESTED IN PROVIDING YOU WITH MEDICAL SERVICES.
THE SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD. IF YOU ARE NOT YET 18 YEARS OLD, YOU MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT OR CAREGIVER OR STOP USING THE SERVICES IMMEDIATELY.
Special License Restrictions for Non-human Visitors
Any Non-Human Visitors (as defined below) to the Services shall be considered agents of the individual(s) who controls, authors or otherwise makes use of such Non-Human Visitors. Such individual(s) shall be deemed responsible for the actions of their Non-Human Visitors in the same manner as if they personally visited the Services.
A special restriction on a visitor’s license to access the Services applies to all Non-Human Visitors. “Non-Human Visitors” include, but are not limited to, web spiders, bots, indexers, robots, crawlers, harvesters, or any other computer programs designed to access, read, compile or gather content from the Services automatically.
Email addresses on the Services are considered proprietary intellectual property. It is recognized that these email addresses are provided for human visitors alone. Intentional collection, harvesting, gathering, and/or storing of the Services email addresses is recognized as a violation of this Agreement and expressly prohibited.
Fees, Payment, & Refunds.
Services scheduled and/or purchased from THE STITCH DOC™, through the Services or otherwise, are provided by Healthcare Professional contracted with THE STITCH DOC™.
By scheduling an appointment with THE STITCH DOC™, through the Services or otherwise, you agree to pay THE STITCH DOC™ the initial consultation fee of two hundred and fifty dollars ($250), the Initial Consultation Fee, accepted through www.THESTITCHDOC.com. Payments for the initial consultation will be charged at the time of scheduling. You are responsible for ADDITIONAL CHARGES at the time of an IN-PERSON consultation as indicated or directed by the Healthcare Professional providing healthcare services. A list of ADDITIONAL CHARGES, known “Wound Care Pricing,” can be found here: https://thestitchdoc.com/price/.
In the event that the Healthcare Professional engaged by THE STITCH DOC™ recommends only a telehealth consultation you agree to pay the Initial Consultation Fee.
In the event that the Healthcare Professional engaged by THE STITCH DOC™ recommends an In-Person consultation (i.e. wound cleaning, debridement, or laceration suturing) you agree to the Initial Consultation Fee in addition to Wound Care Pricing, as described here: https://thestitchdoc.com/price/ .
In the event that the Healthcare Professional engaged by THE STITCH DOC™ recommends an In-Person consultation and at the time of the In-Person consultation that you be referred to the Emergency Room (ER) you agree to the Initial Consultation Fee in addition to Wound Care Pricing. You will be responsible for any and all additional transportation and ER fees including the potential for additional Healthcare Professional Fees either charged by the ER or the Healthcare Professional.
In the event that the Healthcare Professional engaged by THE STITCH DOC™ recommends you to immediately go to the nearest ER you will only be charged for the Initial Consultation Fee. You will be responsible for any and all additional transportation and ER fees including the potential for additional Healthcare Professional Fees either charged by the ER or the Healthcare Professional.
Upon your acceptance of these terms and submission of your purchase, you hereby agree that THE STITCH DOC™ has the right to automatically charge you or parent/guardian(s) credit card for the applicable fees or charges (Initial Consultation Fee and when applicable Wound Care Pricing) plus any applicable taxes that THE STITCH DOC™ is required to collect, and you authorize THE STITCH DOC™ to do so.
If you make a payment with a credit card, your credit card information will be stored on www.stripe.com and will only be accessed by authorized agents on behalf of THE STITCH DOC™ for the purpose of obtaining payment. In the event that you elect to change the services scheduled and/or purchased from THE STITCH DOC™ prior to the delivery of such services, THE STITCH DOC™ may, in THE STITCH DOC™’s sole discretion, use your stored credit card information to charge you for the additional services provided or to provide a credit to you for services that are not provided, as the case may be, and you authorize THE STITCH DOC™ to do so. In the case of an applicable credit, such credit will be given to you approximately two (2) to three (3) business days after you have notified THE STITCH DOC™ of the respective change in the services to be provided, subject to the policies of the respective credit card companies. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to ensure that payment in advance for all services scheduled and/or purchased from THE STITCH DOC™, and to ensure that your credit cards or other payment instruments accepted by THE STITCH DOC™ continue to be valid and sufficient for such purposes.
You will be charged the full amount of the Initial Consultation Fee if you cancel an appointment. There is no grace period or window for which you may cancel. MISSED APPOINTMENTS ARE NOT REFUNDABLE. In the unusual event, we are unable to provide you your Initial Consolation, to you because of our availability, inaccuracy of your phone number or email address, a CREDIT or a REFUND WILL BE PROVIDED. Credits or refunds will not be provided to customers who are unsatisfied with the services.
THE SERVICES PROVIDES INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTH ISSUES DESIGNED TO HELP USERS MAKE BETTER DECISIONS, BUT MEDICAL INFORMATION IS NOT THE SAME AS MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU, AS THE USER OF THE SERVICES, ASSUME FULL RISK AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY AND ALL USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION PRESENTED THEREON. THE SERVICES IS INTENDED TO BE A GENERAL INFORMATION RESOURCE ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE MEDICAL ADVICE AND IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR TREATMENT. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SEEKING PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR HEALTH OR A HEALTH CONDITION. YOU AGREE TO HOLD THE STITCH DOC™ AND ITS AFFILIATES HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DAMAGES, CAUSES OF ACTION, JUDGMENTS, LIABILITIES, EXPENSES AND DEMANDS OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER RELATING TO YOUR USE OF, YOUR RELIANCE UPON, OR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN, INFORMATION FOUND ON THE SERVICES.
YOU USE THE SERVICES OF THE STITCH DOC™ AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE STITCH DOC™ WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY HARM TO YOU OR OTHERS RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES AND/OR THE TREATMENTS AND PRODUCTS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR OTHERWISE. THE STITCH DOC™ DOES NOT MAKE ANY CLAIMS, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING YOUR ABILITY TO HEAL YOUR WOUND, CUT, LACERATION, OR OTHER INJURY FOLLOWING RECEIPT OF SERVICES FROM THE STITCH DOC™. , INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE NEED FOR HOSPITALIZATION, ADDITIONAL SURGICAL SERVICES, RETURNING TO WORK OR SCHOOL, PERMANENT OR TEMPORARY INJURY, PAIN OR NERVE INJURY. FURTHER, YOU MAY NEED SOMEONE TO ACCOMPANY YOU AFTER RECEIVING THE SERVICES UNTIL YOU FEEL ABLE TO RESUME NORMAL ACTIVITIES.
Responsibility of Service Visitors.
THE STITCH DOC™ disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Services, or from any downloading by such visitors of the content on the Services. Any user who finds content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, or content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, or other errors has a responsibility to report such content to THE STITCH DOC™.
You represent and warrant that (i) your use of the Services will be in strict accordance with the Notice of Privacy Practices, with this Agreement and with all applicable laws and regulations (including without limitation any local laws or regulations in your country, state, city, or other governmental area, regarding online conduct and acceptable content, and including all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the country in which you reside) and (ii) your use of the Services will not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of any third party.
Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy.
As THE STITCH DOC™ asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by the Services violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify THE STITCH DOC™. THE STITCH DOC™ will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. In the case of a visitor who may infringe or repeatedly infringes the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of THE STITCH DOC™ or others, THE STITCH DOC™ may, in its discretion, terminate or deny such visitor access to and use of the Services. In the case of such termination or denial, THE STITCH DOC™ will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to THE STITCH DOC™ by the visitor whose access/use was terminated or denied.
THE STITCH DOC™, THE STITCH DOC™ domain, THE STITCH DOC™ logo, and all other trademarks, wordmarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with THE STITCH DOC™ and STITCH DOC™, or the Services are trademarks or registered trademarks of THE STITCH DOC, Inc. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Services may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Services does not grant you any right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any of THE STITCH DOC™’s trademarks or third-party trademarks.
THE STITCH DOC™ may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement, you may simply discontinue using the Services. THE STITCH DOC™ can terminate the Services immediately as part of a general shut down of our service or other lawful reason. Upon termination, all provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
You hereby acknowledge that your breach of this Agreement or the Notice of Privacy Practices may result in immediate and irreparable harm to THE STITCH DOC™. Accordingly, you hereby agree that, in the event of such a breach by you, THE STITCH DOC™ shall be entitled to equitable relief to compel you to cease and desist all unauthorized use, evaluation and/or disclosure of information obtained through the Services, as well as any and all other remedies available at law or in equity.
Disclaimer of Warranties.
The services, information, functions and materials on the Services are provided ‘as is’. THE STITCH DOC™ makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, THE STITCH DOC™ does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of (a) the use of the materials on the Services or otherwise relating to such materials or (b) any sites linked to or on the Services.
Limitation of Liability.
In additional to, and not in limitation of, any limitations of liability provided by law or this Agreement, in no event will THE STITCH DOC™, or its suppliers or licensors, or any individuals associated with THE STITCH DOC™, its suppliers or licensors, including, but not limited to, their respective equity owners, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this Agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for any special, incidental or consequential damages. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless THE STITCH DOC™, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, damages, causes of action, judgments, liabilities, demands and expenses of any kind or nature whatsoever, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Services, including but not limited to, arising out of your violation of this Agreement.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction.
You agree that any suit, action or proceeding between you and THE STITCH DOC™ in connection with or arising from this Agreement (each, a “Judicial Action”) shall be governed by the law of the state of residence of the registered Administrative Contact (the “Admin State”) for the Services as such laws are applied to agreements between Admin State residents entered into and performed entirely within the Admin State. You consent to the jurisdiction of federal and state courts within the Admin State. You consent to the venue in any Judicial Action brought against you in connection with breaches of this Agreement. You consent to electronic service of process regarding any Judicial Action under this Agreement.
Records of Visitor Use and Abuse.
You consent to having your Internet Protocol address recorded.
VISITORS AGREE THAT HARVESTING, GATHERING, SCRAPING, STORING, TRANSFERRING TO A THIRD PARTY OR SENDING ANY MESSAGE(S) TO THE IDENTIFIER CONSTITUTES AN ACCEPTANCE AND SUBSEQUENT BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT.
Social Media Usage Policy
- You must be at least 18 years old or have your parents or guardians written approval to post any content on any Social Media Site.
- You are prohibited from posting any content that is personal health information including patient images on any Social Media Site. You are also prohibited from using any Social Media Site to provide medical advice or medical commentary by non-physicians or to use the Social Media Site to make, recommend or increase referrals to physicians who are not employed by THE STITCH DOC™.
- By posting content to any Social Media Site, you agree that you will not: (a) violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive via this Social Media Usage Policy; (b) impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; (c) collect or store, or attempt to collect or store, personal data about third parties without their knowledge or consent; or (d) share confidential pricing information of any party.
- By posting content to any Social Media Site, you agree that you will not transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise): (a) that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, tortuous, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or is an invasion of another’s privacy, is hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable as solely determined in THE STITCH DOC™’s discretion; (b) that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; (c) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; (d) that is unsolicited or unauthorized advertising (including advertising of non THE STITCH DOC™ services or products), promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation; or (e) that contains software viruses, worms, disabling code, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- By posting any content on any Social Media Site, you grant to THE STITCH DOC™ the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display such content and the right to create derivative works from your content, edit or modify such content and use such content for any THE STITCH DOC™ purpose.
- THE STITCH DOC™ reserves the right to monitor, prohibit, restrict, block, suspend, terminate, delete, or discontinue your access to any Social Media Site, at any time, without notice and for any reason and in its sole discretion. THE STITCH DOC™ may remove, delete, block, filter or restrict by any other means any materials in THE STITCH DOC™’s sole discretion. You understand and agree that THE STITCH DOC™ may disclose your communications and activities with THE STITCH DOC™ in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities, including Patriot Act requests, judicial orders, warrants or subpoenas, or for the protection of THE STITCH DOC™’s rights. You agree that in the event that THE STITCH DOC™ exercises any of its rights hereunder for any reason, THE STITCH DOC™ will have no liability to you.
- You shall defend, indemnify, and hold THE STITCH DOC™ and its corporate affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, successors and assigns harmless from and against, and shall promptly reimburse them for, any and all losses, claims, damages, settlements, costs, and liabilities of any nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) to which any of them may become subject arising out of, based upon, as a result of, or in any way connected with, your posting of any content to a Social Media Site, any third party claims of infringement or any breach of this Social Media Usage Policy. You agree that any claim or dispute relating to your posting of any content on a Social Media Site on the internet shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of laws provisions and you agree to be bound and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the local, state or federal courts.
- You expressly acknowledge that you assume all responsibility related to the security, privacy, and confidentiality risks inherent in sending any content over the internet. By its very nature, a website and the internet cannot be absolutely protected against intentional or malicious intrusion attempts. THE STITCH DOC™ does not control the third-party sites and the Internet over which you may choose to send confidential personal or health information or other content and, therefore, THE STITCH DOC™ does not warrant any safeguard against any such interceptions or compromises to your information. When posting any content on an internet site, you should think carefully about your own privacy in disclosing detailed or private information about yourself and your family. Furthermore, THE STITCH DOC™ does not endorse any product, service, views or content displayed on the Social Media Site.
- This Social Media Usage Policy may be updated at any time without notice, and each time a user accesses a social networking site, the new policy will govern, usage, effective upon posting. By continuing to post any content after such new terms are posted, you accept and agree to any and all such modifications to this Social Media Usage Policy.
THE STITCH DOC™
Notice of Privacy Practices
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION.
PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
Uses and Disclosures
THE STITCH DOC Inc. (“THE STITCH DOC™,” “we,” “us,” and/or “our”) owns and operates the Website. THE STITCH DOC™ is committed to the privacy and security of its visitors’ information. Some of the activities on the Services, such as the scheduling of an appointment, require THE STITCH DOC™ to collect personal identifying information from you. All personal information provided by you is held in confidence by THE STITCH DOC™ and its contacted Healthcare Professionals.
Your health information may be used by staff members or disclosed to other health care professionals for the purpose of evaluating your health, diagnosing medical conditions, and providing treatment. For example, results of laboratory tests and procedures will be available in your medical record to all health professionals who may provide treatment or who may be consulted by staff members.
Your health information may be used to seek payment from your health plan, from other sources of coverage such as an automobile insurer, or from credit card companies that you may use to pay for services. For example, your health plan may request and receive information on dates of service, the services provided, and the medical condition being treated. Your health information may also be disclosed to other health care providers to assist them in obtaining payment for services they have provided to you.
Health care operations.
Your health information may be used as necessary to review and adjust the day-to-day activities and management of THE STITCH DOC™. For example, information on the services you received may be used to support budgeting and financial reporting, fraud and abuse detection and compliance programs, and activities to evaluate and promote quality. We may also share your health information with other health care providers, health care clearinghouses or health plans that have a relationship with you, when they request this information to help them with their quality assessment and improvement activities, their patient-safety activities, their population-based efforts to improve health or reduce health care costs, their protocol development, case management or care-coordination activities, their review of competence, qualifications and performance of health care professionals, their training programs, their accreditation, certification or licensing activities, or their health care fraud and abuse detection and compliance efforts. We may also share your medical information with our “business associates” that perform administrative services for us. We have a written contract with each of these business associates that contains terms requiring them and their subcontractors to protect the confidentiality and security of your medical information.
Your health information may be disclosed to law enforcement agencies, without your permission, to support government audits and inspections, to facilitate law-enforcement investigations, to comply with government-mandated reporting and for other law enforcement purposes.
Public health reporting.
Your health information may be disclosed to public health agencies as required by law. For example, we are required to report certain communicable diseases to the state’s public health department. When we report suspected elder or dependent adult abuse or domestic violence, we will inform you or your personal representative promptly unless in our best professional judgment, we believe the notification would place you at risk of serious harm or would require informing a personal representative we believe is responsible for the abuse or harm.
Required by Law.
As required by law in certain circumstances other than public health reporting, your health information may be used and disclosed by our staff, but such use and disclosure will be limited to the relevant requirements of the law concerning such specific circumstances. For example, we may be required to disclose information in the course of an administrative or judicial proceeding. Further, in the case of a breach of unsecured protected health information, we will notify you as required by law.
Your Rights and Choices
Managing or deleting your account with THE STITCH DOC™.
You may review, update, or modify your account information, including profile and contact information, at any time by logging into your account at THE STITCH DOC™. You may delete your account on THE STITCH DOC™ through your account settings or by contacting us.
Opting out of email marketing.
You may unsubscribe from our promotional emails at any time by following the instructions included in those emails. If you opt-out of receiving such communications, note that we may continue to send you non-promotional emails (such as order confirmation emails or emails about changes to our legal terms).
Messaging: Short Message Service (SMS) / Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) Mobile Messaging Marketing
We respect your privacy.
We will only use the information you provide through the Website to transmit your mobile messages and respond to you, if necessary. This includes, but is not limited to, sharing information with Service providers, phone companies, and other vendors who assist us in the delivery of mobile messages.
By using the Services you agree to provide your mobile phone number to receive SMS and or MMS alerts containing product and/or event information or promotions that may be sent using automated dialing systems. You agree that by providing your mobile phone number you expressly consent to receive automated marketing text messages from us to the mobile phone number provided. Message and data rates will apply and you should check the rates of your mobile carrier. You can opt-out from further text marketing communications by texting STOP to the SMS number used by THE STITCH DOC™ to contact you.
We may share your mobile phone number with Service Healthcare Professionals with whom we contract to assist us with the above activities, but we will not share your mobile phone number with third parties for their own purposes without your consent. You acknowledge that SMS and MMS are distributed via third party mobile network providers and, therefore, we cannot control certain factors relating to message delivery. You acknowledge that, depending on the recipient’s mobile carrier, it may not be possible to transmit the SMS and or MMS to the recipient successfully; nor is content available on all carriers. We do not claim or guarantee availability or performance of this service, including liability for transmission delays or message failures.
WE DO NOT SELL, RENT, LOAN, TRADE, LEASE, OR OTHERWISE TRANSFER FOR PROFIT ANY PHONE NUMBERS OR CUSTOMER INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE WEBSITE TO ANY THIRD PARTY. Nonetheless, We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, to avoid liability, or to protect Our rights or property. When you complete forms online or otherwise provide Us information in connection with the Website, you agree to provide accurate, complete, and true information. You agree not to use a false or misleading name or a name that you are not authorized to use. If, in Our sole discretion, We believe that any such information is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, or you have opted into the Website for an ulterior purpose, We may refuse you access to the Website and pursue any appropriate legal remedies.
What is a cookie are similar technologies?
Cookies are small information units which the Website places on your computer’s hard disk, on your tablet or on your smartphone. Cookies contain information that the Website uses to make the communication between you and your web browser more efficient. The cookie does not identify you as an individual user but identifies your computer. There are two types of cookies – session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary bits of information which are deleted when you exit your web browser. Persistent cookies are more permanent bits of information that are stored and remain on your computer until they are deleted. Persistent cookies delete themselves after a certain period of time but are renewed each time you visit the website.
The Website uses session cookies and persistent cookies.
We use similar technologies for storing and accessing information in the browser or device which utilizes local units and local storage, such as HTML 5 cookies, Flash and other methods. These technologies can operate across all your browsers. In some cases, the use of these technologies cannot be controlled by the browser but requires special tools. We use these technologies to store information to ensure the quality of reviews and to spot irregularities in the use of the Website.
What type of cookies do we use and for what purposes?
- Measuring Website traffic i.e. number of visits on the Website, which domains the visitors come from, which pages the visitors visit on the Website and in which overall geographical area the visitors are located.
Improvement of the functionalities of the Website:
- Optimizing your experience with the Website, which includes remembering your user ID and password when you return to the Website so you do not have to log in again.
Connect with Social Media:
- We give you the possibility of connecting with Social Media, such as Facebook.
- Ensuring the quality of reviews and to prevent misuse or irregularities in connection with writing reviews and using the Website.
- Displaying specific advertisements on the Website which we believe you will find interesting.
- Google Analytics: for statistical purposes. You can decline cookies from Google Analytics by clicking on this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Facebook: Set by Facebook only if you interact with the Facebook plugin or is already logged into Facebook from other sources for the purpose of connecting and integrating with them.
- Twitter: Set by Twitter only if you interact with the Twitter plugin or is already logged into Twitter from other sources for the purpose of connecting and integrating with them.
- Google+: Set by Google only if you interact with the Google+ plugin or is already logged into Google from other sources for the purpose of connecting with them.
- Google ads: for the purpose of displaying relevant advertisements.
Deletion of cookies
If you want to delete the cookies already on your equipment, you can. In your browser, please visit the support page and they will provide you with instructions (click here for a how-to example). Please note that our Website will not work to its full extent if you delete the cookies.
Additional Uses of Information.
Your health information will be used by our staff to send you appointment reminders.
Information about treatments. Your health information may be used to send you information on the treatment and management of your medical condition that you may find to be of interest. We may also send you information describing other health-related goods and services that we believe may interest you.
Other uses and disclosures require your authorization.
Disclosure of your health information or its use for any purpose other than those listed above requires your specific written authorization. If you change your mind after authorizing a use or disclosure of your information, you may submit a written revocation of the authorization. However, your decision to revoke the authorization will not affect or undo any use or disclosure of information that occurred before you notified us of your decision.
You have certain rights under the federal privacy standards. These include:
- The right to request restrictions on the use and disclosure of your protected health information by a written request specifying what information you want to limit, and what limitations on our use or disclosure of that information you wish to have imposed. We may not be required to agree to the restriction that you requested due to limitations contained in the applicable laws and we will notify you of our decision to reject your request;
- The right to receive communications from Us concerning your medical condition and treatment through reasonable, confidential alternative means selected by you;
- The right to inspect and copy your protected health information. To access your medical information, you must submit a written request detailing what information you want access to, whether you want to inspect it or get a copy of it, and if you want a copy, your preferred form and format. We will provide copies in your requested form and format if it is readily producible, or we will provide you with an alternative format you find acceptable. We will charge a reasonable fee which covers our costs for labor, supplies, postage, and if requested and agreed to in advance, the cost of preparing an explanation or summary, as allowed by applicable law. We may deny your request under limited circumstances;
- The right to amend or submit corrections to your protected health information by submitting a written request including the reasons you believe the information is incorrect or incomplete. We are not required to change your health information and will provide you with information regarding our denial of such requested amendment. If we deny your request, you may submit a written statement of your disagreement with that decision, and we may, in turn, prepare a written rebuttal;
- The right to receive an accounting of how and to whom your protected health information has been disclosed; provided, however, we are not required to provide to you an
accounting of disclosures made for the purposes of treatment, payment, health care operations, information provided directly to you, information provided pursuant to your written authorization, and certain government functions; and
- The right to receive a printed copy of this notice.
Residents of the European Economic Area
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of the EEA, we process your personal data when:
We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you. We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications and to provide, secure, and improve our Services. We have your consent to do so.
THE STITCH DOC™ Duties.
We are required by law to maintain the privacy of your protected health information and to provide you with this notice of privacy practices.
We also are required to abide by the privacy policies and practices that are outlined in this notice.
Right to Revise Privacy Practices.
As permitted by law, we reserve the right to amend or modify our privacy policies and practices. These changes in our policies and practices may be required by changes in federal and state laws and regulations. Whatever the reason for these revisions, we will provide you with a revised notice on your next office visit. We will also prominently post the current notice on our website. The revised policies and practices will be applied to all protected health information that we maintain, regardless of when it was created or received.
Requests to Inspect Protected Health Information.
As permitted by federal regulation, we require that requests to inspect or copy protected health information be submitted in writing. You may obtain a form to request access to your records by contacting the Compliance Officer at the telephone number and address set forth below.
Questions, Comments, Requests, Complaints.
If you would like to submit a comment or complaint about our privacy practices, you can do so by sending a letter outlining your concerns. You also have the right to submit a complaint to the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services if you believe your privacy rights have been violated.
If you believe that your privacy rights have been violated, you should call the matter to our attention by contacting the Compliance Officer at the telephone number set forth below or by sending a letter describing the cause of your concern to the address set forth below (contact us.).
If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our practices concerning the processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your relevant local Data Protection Authority, please see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, updated, or erased. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict certain processing. To make such a request, please contact us at the following address set forth below (contact person). If you have an account on THE STITCH DOC™, you may also review, update, and delete certain personal data by logging into your account.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of the information you provide through the Website to third parties’ for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the following address set forth below (contact person).
You will not be penalized or otherwise retaliated against for filing a complaint.
For further information concerning our privacy practices please contact:
The Compliance Officer, +1-833-478-4824 x 0, info [ at ] thestitchdoc.com
THE STITCH DOC™
630 Park Ave
New York, New York 10065
This notice is effective on April 9, 2020.
Updated on April 9, 2020.